World of Music moves to Dronfield
World of Music (formally North East Derbyshire Organ Society) was forced to move after over 30 years when it was announced at very short notice that our venue, The Markham Hall in Staveley was to close. Alternative accommodation was found in the nearby Methodist Church Hall, a venue which has served us well for the past two years but lacks the facilities, comfort and ambiance our audiences had become accustomed to.
The society is now to move to a superb new venue which offers that same warmth and comfort we originally enjoyed together with the facilities for us to present the professional shows we became famed for.
With effect from August 10th our concerts will be held at:
Our new venue offers:
- A warm and comfortable ground floor concert room with carpets, curtains and upholstered seating.
- A licensed bar serving low priced drinks and teas / coffees
- An excellent stage with curtains, lighting and sound system.
- Excellent disabled access.
- A large level car park floodlit during darkness and with easy access.
- A quiet out-of town location
- The ambiance we used to enjoy in The Markham Hall.
- A return to regular fixed concert dates. (second Wednesday of each month)